news & views
Plant power and the silence of the brands
How can food, retail and FMCG brands profit from the vegan surge?
The number of vegans in the UK is skyrocketing. 3.5m of us now follow a vegan diet, up from 500,000 in 2016. That’s 600% growth in just two years. What’s more, a whopping 28% of us have reduced our meat intake in the last 6 months.
With Dinosaur’s long heritage in food, retail, health and FMCG communications, we’ve been keeping an eye on this trend for a while now. And this is a big new market. One that offers both opportunities and risks for brands. So, if you are wondering how to adapt to it, we’ve put together this overview of what’s going on and how your brand can profitably respond.read more
The Cannes Festival of Creativity 2018 was back – bigger, better and more streamlined than ever. The flash new format was introduced to reflect changes in the advertising landscape, with the all content and awards divided into nine ‘tracks’: Reach, Communications, Craft, Experience, Innovation, Impact, Good, Entertainment and Health. As a result, three old Lions and 120 subcategories were retired, and five shiny new Lions were welcomed into the pride.read more
Dinosaur and Sky make waves in the fight against plastic
We created a short film to help launch Sky’s campaign against ocean plastic. Over 100,000 views later, it’s having the impact this brilliant cause deserves.
A primetime slot on Sky News, an introduction from a sporting hero, and over 100,000 views on social media. If you’ve got a story you want to share, big names and widespread coverage can help you do it. But if it isn’t told in the right way, it won’t hit home. So, Sky asked us to help them tell a story that can’t be ignored.read more
Sense and Sensitivity: Can brands pull heart and purse strings at the same time?
Are brand campaigns too fluffy? Is direct response too cold? In our latest blog we examine how to land campaigns that deliver both sales and emotional connections.
In our super-connected world, opportunities for brands are fleeting. There’s more pressure than ever to snatch every micro-moment of customer attention and make it count. Against this backdrop, you can see why a pure brand campaign can feel like a luxury – especially when direct response delivers instant sales. Is there a way of bagging the short-term ROI while building long-term brand connections?read more
- Plant power and the silence of the brands
- Pick of the Lions:
- Dinosaur and Sky make waves in the fight against plastic
- Sense and Sensitivity: Can brands pull heart and purse strings at the same time?
- Are Algorithms Destroying Brands?
- Goodbye to the gaffes: Lessons from 2017’s social slip-ups
- #FakeTrends. Dinosaur’s predictions for 2018
- Join The Co-operative Bank for 25 Days 25 Ways
- Classic Campaign #4: Westjet’s Christmas campaign takes off
- Queuing around the block: store launch marketing for Midcounties Co-operative
- 40 years of Bollocks
- You’re so vain, I bet you think this content’s about you
- Classic Campaign #3: Gatorade Snaps its way into Super Bowl folklore
- Classic campaigns #2: Subservient Chicken
- Helping Co-op Bank celebrate 25 years of their Ethical Policy
- Classic campaigns #1: Will it blend?
- We take the Corn Exchange on a #tasteadventure
- Dinosaur and MHP get together to give homelessness the Elbow
- Here to get you there: from social to sign-up
- Don’t sweat it, just switch
- Dino’s Masters of Marketing: Six top picks for Brand of the Year
- Labour’s epic rebrand
- Our Pick of the Pencils: 6 eye-catching campaigns from the D&AD awards
- I want everything on this page!
- Five star thinking: how hotels are brand building on social media
- Three social media gaffes (and how to avoid them)
- Leaving Lauren
- Up close and personal
- Helping people see the light
- Dinosaur Helps Fairtrade Producers Get Social
- Rock around the Ad Block: How to make sure your ads get through
- Skating to where the puck will be
- Dinosaur joins The Gym
- Feel Nothing Do Nothing